Let's keep in touch!
Want to keep in the loop on the latest happenings at North Suburban Lubavitch Chabad - Central Avenue Synagogue. Subscribe to our mailing list below. We'll send you information that is fresh, relevant, and important to you and our local community.
Printed from NSChabad.org

Page Not Found

Details of Post:

Name :  
Subject : Need help financial to get back to Jewish Community 
Pray For : Aliza daughter of Chana 
Prayer Type : Financial 
Comments : I have been living in Public Housing , due to disability and not being employed at this moment. If I was able to secure suitable employment on even a modest basis now, without disturbing the unfortunate medical benefits I must have to function on a everyday basis, I'd be glad to add it to my Gov't check, which is limited. I am not near where I can even buy much fresh produce, let alone kosher meat and other products. There is no supermarket withing walking distance. Biggest problem; No synagogue or Jewish community near me. My former residence, while assigned there, was in an orthodox Jewish community and I joined a Chabad. NE Lubavitcher Ctr. in Philadelphia, PA, as well as have a religious network and social network. Exiled in this subsidized but, separated by distance from the Jewish community, attending Shul on Shabbos and Yom Tov are very difficult to impossible now. I am trying to save money from my small income, pay my bills, buy food and still have some quality of life at all. It's not improving. I need to save money , find ways to make more money for savings and an emergency fund, and get some help from even the local politician; for religious reasons to help me place back into the Religious community , within walking distance. With out this , practice of my observance is awkward, difficult and very depressing.  
Post Date : 5/21/2014 12:19:00 AM 

Replies To This Post

Susan Jackson

Support and prayers#1 posted 5/23/2014 9:16:00 AM
Dear Joyce, Isolation is one of the hardest things about disability, and I am praying that you can soon move near the community that you love and that loves you and where you will have support and sustenance. In the meantime may I suggest that you ask the people in your community to offer a Shabbat stay so that you can be in a home and not have to travel. Much strength!

Respond To This Post

:
:

:
: (Will not display online)
:

spacer